This Glympse Review Will Introduce You To A New Breed Of Apps Catered To Business Users
Today we are going to talk about how to track a cell phone location with an app made by a company that takes a little different approach to free cell phone locator technology.
Most of these types of applications allow you to track a cell phone anytime you feel like it. With the glympse cell phone locator, you give permission to specific individuals to track your cell phone for a limited amount of time only.
This is the first application of it’s kind that is designed specifically for business users although it can be used for personal use as well. Imagine that you are traveling on business and you are meeting a group of clients for an important presentation at 10:30 AM. Let’s also imagine that you have some members of your sales team that are already with the clients.
You are running late and you want your sales team to start the presentation without you. With glympse, you can log into the glympse website and send a text message or e-mail to your sales team. This message will contain a link that they can click on that will take them to the glympse website and allow them to track you in real time on their computer screen.
They will actually be able to see your location as an icon that is moving on a map on their screen. In addition to simply seeing your location, they will be given your current traveling speed, and your estimated time of arrival. When you send the message which the company calls “A glympse”, the glympse service will record your current location and you will manually enter your destination address. You will also set a time limit that controls how long the particular individual that you sent the “glympse” to will be able to track your cell phone. The longest that this glympse can be configured for is 4 hours and the shortest is 10 minutes.
Why glympse Is So Good For Business Users
The glympse cell phone tracker is absolutely perfect for business users since you’ll likely want your business and personal life to remain separate. It may be very convenient to allow business associates and clients to be able to track you with your cell phone at a particular time of the business day but when you go home for the evening or you are on your vacation, you would probably rather that they didn’t have access to your location. After all, no matter how committed you are to your job, everyone needs some time away from work.
The glympse program will work with several varieties of smartphones. The system currently supports Google Android powered cell phones, Windows Mobile powered cell phones, iPhones, and Blackberry phones.
How To Download glympse
It is quite easy to install the software on your phone. All you have to do is download it from the glympse website and here’s a link that will take you right to their download page. Click This Link To Download glympse.
Steps For Sending A glympse Cell Phone Tracking Invitation
- Download the glympse cell phone tracking app.
- Start the app on your phone. Note that when you run the app for the first time, you’ll see a screen that describes how to use the software. Read that screen and tap the button that is labeled “Cool”. Next you’ll see the “fine print” page. This page has all the glympse legal disclaimers on it. After you read that page, tap the “Accept” button.
- Next you’re going to want to configure a couple of settings. Navigate to the settings screen and tap “Set Your Nickname”. This is the name that will appear with the icon on the screen when people are tracking you.
- Next tap the button marked “Set Your Picture” and select a photo of yourself that you would like to use. This picture will actually be displayed as a little floating icon that represents your location when someone is tracking you with glympse. Since you’ll be using this app for business purposes, doing this adds a bit of a professional touch. You don’t want your clients to think that you’re too lazy to properly configure the software as they might associate this with your work ethic.
- Now you’re ready to send a glympse. On this screen, enter the names of the people you would like to receive the glympse. I find that it’s fastest to simply tap the icon that looks like a little blue man holding a black shield with a white plus sign on it. This will display all of the names in your phone’s contact list and you can then just tap the name of the person you want to receive the glympse. Note that you can select more than one person during this step. There’s no need to send multiple glympse invitations to each person that you would like to be able to track you.
- Next choose how long you would like to give this individual the ability to track you. Tap in this box and the options that are available to you will pop up. Then you can just tap the amount of time that seems appropriate for this timer.
- In the next field, you can enter a personal message if you would like to but this step is optional.
- In the next box, you can enter your destination if you would like to. Note that this step is also optional but very useful. If you don’t do this, the people who are tracking you through glympse will simply see your location displayed on their computer screen. If you decide to do this, the glympse system will use your current location along with your current rate of travel to “estimate” the time that you should arrive at your destination.
- The last step is to tap on the “Send glympse” button. Please note that this button won’t be visible until all of the required fields have been entered
How Your Colleagues Can Track Your Phone With Glympse
After you send the glympse message, the recipients will receive a link in the message with the text, ” ‘Username’ says: Click for a glympse of my location: ‘link will be here’ .”
When they click on the link, the glympse website will open and they’ll see your photo icon overlaid in the exact location on the map that you are currently located at. If you’re moving, they will actually see your icon moving on the map. They will also see your speed displayed in miles per hour. They will also see a section that says “Arrives In” and below that it will say how many hours and minutes are remaining until you should arrive at your destination. Lastly they will see a section that says “Expires In” and below that the number of hours and minutes that are remaining before the glympse expires will be counting down.
What I Like Best About The Glympse Business Phone Tracker
I really like that neither the person sending the glympse or the recipients of the glympse have to sign up to use the system. I also like that during my testing the system worked flawlessly. I think that the glympse tracking page is both simple and professional looking which is very important for business users. I also really like that the recipients of the glympse tracking invitation don’t have to install any special software on their computers or application on their phones.
The glympse GPS Tracking App Is Great For Personal Use As Well
I have to admit that when I first started testing and playing with this app, I didn’t really see a practical application for non-business users. Surprisingly, after playing with the glympse app for a while, I have found myself using it quite a bit for personal reasons. Let me tell you why I’ve been doing this. As far as I know, this is the only mobile tracking app that has the feature of displaying the estimated time of arrival. For personal use, I find this feature AMAZING!!!
I use glympse all the time now to keep my friends and family members informed about when I’ll arrive at their location. For example, if I’m going to be traveling to my parents house for dinner, I can send them a glympse and they can track my progress and plan accordingly for when to have dinner on the table. My mother loves being able to track me with glympse because she doesn’t want to put the food on the table too soon and for it to get cold because I’m running late.
When I’m traveling to visit my nephews, they love being able to follow my progress on the computer. This gives them something to do other than annoy my sister by constantly saying, “Mom, how much longer until Uncle Justin gets here?”. With glympse, they can find out for themselves on their computer and they think doing this is really cool. It makes them feel like a top secret spy agent!
glympse Demonstration Video
Here’s a really short 23 second video that shows what the recipients of a glympse actually see when they’re following the progress of someone on the glympse website.
Thanks for visiting my cell phone locator website. I hope you found what you were looking for here. You may also enjoy reading my other posts about Sprint Family Locator, Find My iPhone, iLocalis, Google Latitude, or MobiWee.